The department of general medicine provides treatment for the following:
- All types of fevers
- Infections affecting different organs of the body
- All metabolic diseases and endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, cholesterol, obesity.
- Blood pressure
- Tummy aches, infections like vomiting, diarrhoea and jaundice
- Problems like a headache, muscular weakness, epilepsy.
General & Laparoscopic Surgery
The General and Laparoscopic Surgery Department is equipped with the latest technology and infrastructure, supported by an experienced team of surgeons. The department specialises in performing all major surgeries involving abdomen, skin, breast, soft tissues, and hernia. Laparoscopic surgery is also known as key-hole surgery or minimally invasive surgery. It is widely used in gynaecology, gastroenterology and urology. Patients receive specialised assessment, latest treatments along with clinical post-operative care, medications and a regular follow-up. The advantages of this technique over traditional open surgery include a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery time; less pain and bleeding after the operation; and reduced scarring.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Faster Recovery
- Easy Mobility
- Early Discharge
- Smaller Incisions
- Less Pain: Less tissue trauma and less postoperative pain
- Less Dependence on pain relievers
- Low risk of infection
- Abdominal Ultrasound Scan Test
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Rectal prolapse surgery